1. sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome
I began The Minted Beauty as more of a an after-thought, to accompany my YouTube channel with rich content, and to be able to stream more traffic to my channel. However, after becoming more involved with the beauty blogging community, I have found that it is becoming so much more than that! I am really enjoying being a part of this community and meeting people with similar interests. I have also been lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster award, and I am so chuffed!
Thank you so much to Maddison of Allure by Maddison. You’ve made my day! The Liebster award is for Up & Coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s an awesome way to find some new blogs and congratulate beginners. This award for me has really given me a boost, to know that the work I do on here is being reached by others is fantastic! There are some guidelines that come along with this award, which I have included below. I believe that the rules can vary slightly from time to time. I chose to use the rules that were posted in Maddison’s post.
1. You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You have to nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers to pass the award to.
4. You have to come up with 11 other questions for your nominees.
5. You have to notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
6. Some bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves, but this is optional.
SUPER FUN FACT TIME OK so maybe not SUPER fun, but here are some random facts about me
1. I am a huge fan of horror movies, especially ghost/demonic possession movies.
2. When I am sad, my comfort food of choice is a Vegemite sandwich and a glass of milk.
3. My favourite Disney movies include the Alice in Wonderland (cartoon version), Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.
4. I don’t function well in the morning without coffee!
5. Despite being an accountant, my filing system is atrocious.
6. I have two tattoos.
7. I know all the words to “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
8. I have an irrational fear of most amphibians and reptiles (but surprisingly not snakes!)
9. Quentin Tarantino is my favourite director.
10. I love bacon, but I don’t like ham.
11. My cocktail of choice is a French Martini.
Answers to Allure By Maddison’s Questions
1. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
I would say definitely start reading other new bloggers work and make friends! It’s great to find someone who is tackling the same issues and starting the same journey as yourself! It’s also great to become accustomed with Twitter if you haven’t already.
2. What is your greatest achievement so far and why?
This would probably be graduating from my Bachelor of Accounting. After a few long hard years of part-time study, and also working full time, I managed to finally finish in 2012!
3. Which blog/s do you follow religiously?
I have many blogs which I can’t miss a post of, some of which I have been reading for years! The ones that come to mind in no particular order are A Beautiful Mess, The Dainty Squid, essiebutton and Independent Fashion Bloggers.
4. What is your favourite social media network?
I’d have to say it would be a tie between Instagram and Twitter. Both of these sites have connected me with some amazing people that I never would have met otherwise! I could scroll for hours through both of those sites and never get bored. There is always something happening, a new trend to follow or a new face to meet. You can follow me on Instagram at kateflint, or on twitter at kateflint89.
5. What is your dream job?
I would absolutely love to be a full-time blogger. I have worked as an accountant for the past few years, and while I enjoy the work I do, and the people I work with right now, I feel that I am being stifled creatively. In a perfect world, my blog and YouTube channel would be my full time job.
6. What is your favourite magazine?
My favourite magazine is Vogue Australia. There is so much work that goes into every single issue, and I feel that it is the perfect classic magazine. I don’t buy every issue, but I try to pick it up every couple of months. It’s a real indulgence and I love taking the time to devour it visually and mentally.
7. What is one beauty/fashion trend you don’t like and/or don’t understand?
I am pretty open minded when it comes to fashion and beauty trends. I am willing to try most things at least once. One thing that I have heard of recently is beauty treatments with snail mucus in it, or using snails on your face in salons. This is something that I hope to never try, it makes me gag just thinking about it! I also don’t think that I will ever try Botox for cosmetic reasons, because injecting a toxin into my skin just seems odd. It can also lead to botulism, which I don’t think is a good trade off for having less wrinkles.
8. What are three words that best describe you?
Emotional, odd and lazy. These probably aren’t the best qualities but everyone that knows me will agree I think!
9. What is your secret guilty pleasure?
My secret guilty pleasure is scrolling through reddit on my phone before I go to sleep at night. It’s such a bad habit of mine but it is so good! My favourite subreddits are /r/funny, /r/pics, /r/creepy, /r/WTF and /r/paranormal. If you haven’t heard of reddit, check out this link here! I take no responsibility for any addictions!
10. What and/or who inspired you to begin blogging?
This one is a little difficult. I have had other blogs, one of which I ran with a friend that just kind of fizzled out and another very cringeworthy earlier one. I’ve always loved reading blogs and it was a very natural progression to want to start one of my very own.
11. If you could relive a day what would it be?
If I could relive any day thus far, it would have to be a day that I spent in Koln, Germany with my partner Shannon. We spent the day exploring the town, went to the Lindt Chocolate Factory and then spent the evening in a cosy Italian restaurant. Shared a bottle or two of red wine and had the most amazing time. I would not however like to relive the hangover I experienced the next day trying to catch a train back to Paris! Most uncomfortable train ride ever!
My Nominations for The Liebster Award
1. Lou of Little Wing Lou
2. Susannah of Sparkle 2day
3. Amy of Bubbles & Blush
4. Lor of Miss LJ Beauty
5. Jasmine of Jasmine Cara
As far as I am aware, these nominees haven’t received a Liebster award before, and have less than 200 followers on bloglovin’ at the time of this post.
Questions for my Nominees
1. What is your dream holiday destination?
2. Which blogger do you admire most?
3. What is your ‘day job’?
4. What is your favourite dessert?
5. If you could time travel, where or when would you go?
6. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
7. What was the worst trouble you ever got into at school for?
8. What is your favourite scent? (It can be anything, food, flowers, perfume, etc)
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
10. What is one thing that’s non-essential that you never leave the house without (don’t include wallet, keys, etc)?
11. What skill would you love to learn?
To my nominees! - If you do choose to take part in the Liebster Award please comment on this blog post or tweet me on Twitter! I would love to read the answers! A HUGE thank you to Maddison for nominating me for this award! Stay Minty!